About us Rock Health Inc. is an endeavor fund and advisory services business committed to digital health. We support both sides of the enterprise market for digital health– financing digital health entrepreneurs and encouraging large healthcare corporations, with the ultimate objective of catalyzing the scalable adoption of groundbreaking innovations in health care.
Positioned at the forefront of the market, Rock Health’s research has actually been estimated in over 500 short articles in the past two years in publications including The New York Times, The Economist, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, and Bloomberg. Our portfolio of over 50 active portfolio business, 30+ business partners, network of financiers, and journalists all depend on Rock Health for a distinct, data-driven viewpoint that “links the dots” throughout an otherwise complicated and highly-specialized landscape. Our required is impact, and our industry-leading research study is the idea of the spear.
About the role
The Research Partner will support our research study function concentrating on emerging patterns in digital health, the wider health care market, and financial investment in digital health development. In this role, you will mainly focus on providing value to Rock Health’s Advisory Solutions corporate partners and consulting clients by supporting their digital health techniques through unique insights and data sets. You will report to the Research study Supervisor to assist execute the research study strategy, establish market reports, and maintain exclusive financing and consumer adoption data sets.
This will be a full-time position based in San Francisco, with versatility in the short-term for remote work.
You’re simple and care deeply about making healthcare massively better. You evaluate your breakfast cereal and periodically use R or Excel macros to handle your order of business. “Problems” are just things you have not yet reframed as chances or otherwise scratched off your completely well-prioritized list of things you believe will change the world. You see information as something to be formed into info that works as the structure of a solid story that can influence others. Novel information visualizations float through your head before you go to sleep in the evening, you have a fond gratitude for direct, compelling prose, and are comfy writing brief- and long-form.
- Contribute to research efforts, consisting of talking to subject matter specialists, generating and evaluating relevant information sets, carrying out literature searches, and manufacturing all sources of info into customer recommendations and deliverables. Research efforts will include:
- Examining an annual study with 8,000+ respondents to produce a white paper
- Conducting quarterly analyses of the health care venture capital landscape, adding to quarterly blog posts and reports on the state of digital health financing and exits
- Deep dive research study on emerging technologies and health equity
- Construct competitive landscape reports, determining differentiators throughout startups and offering a look at the trajectory of specific digital health innovations and sections
- Maintain and upgrade all of Rock Health’s exclusive information sets consisting of: endeavor financing, M&A activity, Digital Health Public Index, and consumer adoption data
- Build procedures and tools that enable the team to perform regular data analysis and graphes for reports, article, and journalist requests
- Work alongside Rock Health research study fellows, training fellows on Rock Health research study methods, datasets, and processes, and guaranteeing fellows have an extraordinary experience
- Work as a believed partner to the Research study Manager, keeping your finger continuously on the pulse of new innovation, business, and partnerships in digital health
- Establish discussion and interaction skills, with the goal of working towards presenting newest research study to customers
- Academic or expert experience carrying out research (ideally policy or market research) involving primary and secondary content sources
- Ability to manufacture info of varying types and from numerous sources into strategic insights
- Advanced quantitative analytic skills:
- Experience structuring, maintaining, and mining big data sets to surface engaging takeaways
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets utilize
- Significant plus: Experience with survey design and statistical/analytics software application such as Tableau, SQL, Python, R, SAS and/or Stata
- Proven track record designing discussion materials and data visualization at a client-facing caliber
- Very close attention to information
- Experience communicating successfully in oral, composed, visual, and data-forward formats
- Strong intellectual curiosity; motivated to doggedly pursue the “best response”
- Eager to grow your understanding of the US healthcare system, technology-driven development, digital health startups, and venture capital
- Love working on a collective group
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Stellar academic record
- 1-2 years work experience in healthcare-related field (e.g., market research, consulting, financing) or terminal degree in an appropriate field